Community Manager - NYC
Who We Are
Storefront is the world’s leading short-term retail marketplace. We are a platform that makes retail accessible to anyone in the world. We make it possible for brands to easily find and book short-term retail space to sell their idea anywhere and for space owners to fill their vacant spaces fast.
Our platform powers over 10,000 listings, which represent more than 30 million square feet of retail space. We offer greater access to spaces in leading retail cities around the world, including New York, Paris, London, Milan, Hong Kong, Amsterdam, Los Angeles and San Francisco. Since our launch in 2013, we have helped thousands of brands all over the world, including Google, Samsung, L’Oréal, Everlane, Shopify, Indiegogo; open temporary retail stores.
Our team consists of 80+ passionate people based across 8 international offices.
The Storefront person is committed to transforming the way retail is experienced. We start our days with the intention of making an impact on the popup community. We ask why if a task is not aligned with our goals and objectives. We volunteer for projects outside of our scope to ensure our team members are supported. We dissect inefficiencies to build tools that improve the experience of everyone that logs onto our platform. We arrive early if we need to sync up with our colleagues globally, and stay late to hit a deadline for a company rollout. We take pictures of “Store for Rent” signage on our way to work, we call space owners on our lunch break to share of new features on our site. We provide direction to brands on neighborhoods to popup, expertise on national marketing strategies and resources for staffing their launch event. We go to conferences on weekends to stay knowledgeable of the real estate industry, we share articles on slack to highlight innovative ideas, we carry business cards at the gym so we never miss a partnership opportunity.
You will work side-by-side with the Head of Operations to manage office activities and assist with development projects in the US. This role is critical in providing support to our entire US team and is responsible for the organization of HR initiatives.
You will directly contribute to:
- Human Resources: Organize employee recruitment and administrative on-boarding (recruitment pipeline, job ads, offer letters, employment contracts, on-boarding process for new hires) and overall HR missions (absence / vacation, payroll, contract termination, expense reimbursement).
- Company Culture: Increase team cohesion and happiness at work through the organization of events (team building, sport, drinks, dinners, seminars, etc.).
- Marketing: Create marketing content including blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials, and material other marketing channels. Manage social media marketing by managing and growing the company’s presence through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and other strategically relevant social online platforms.
- Public relations: Manage incoming media requests and building relationships with industry journalists; creating, executing and measuring media campaigns.
- Customer Experience: Provide direct support to Customer Experience Teams by fielding client calls and questions with attentive customer service and full working knowledge of the Storefront product. Manage any online feedback forums i.e., NPS score.
- Day-to-Day Office Management: Manage our work environment to assist our teams and ensure efficient productivity. This includes ordering equipment / supplies, managing schedules/calendars, processing expenses and other office-related issues.
- Executive Assistance: Proactively and efficiently provide administrative support to CEO, Country Managers, Head of Operations and Legal department including calendaring, documentation, travel & expense reporting, and meeting arrangements.
- Events: Organize events in New York and gather knowledge of events in our key cities (often outside of 9-5 hours). Plan meetups and workshops for our community and provide support on scheduling conferences and creating itineraries.
- Business development: May contribute to some business development and sales.
- Proven experience as an Office Manager, Front Office Manager or Administrative Assistant in a fast-paced environment.
- Full knowledge of office administrative and human resource responsibilities, systems and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task & prioritize work, ability to maintain a calm attitude in stressful environments.
- Extremely organized and an exceptional planner.
- Intense attention to detail.
- Ability to critically analyze processes, foresee issues, and build tools to improve efficiency.
- Exceptional skills in Excel, Word, and Google Drive (Photoshop & Asana recommended, not required).
- Native English verbal and written communication skills – extremely clear and tactful correspondence.
- Warm and engaging customer service skills (in-person and over the phone).
- High-energy self-starter with a relentless, unwavering, entrepreneurial work ethic who has passion for what they do.
- Serious interest in the Storefront product, culture and vision.
- Work side-by-side with management team and get actively involved in the development of an internationally-backed venture company.
- Be part of a fast-growing and international startup that changes every single day.
- Work in a fun, collaborative, co-working environment in Soho at the brand new Cubico building.
- Complete insurance package (health, dental and vision).
- An insanely supportive, hardworking team, building something truly transformative.
- Salary competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please reach out, we'd love to share with you what we're doing and discuss the ways we can work together.