Full Stack Engineer - New York, US or Paris, France
Who We Are
Storefront is the world’s leading short-term retail marketplace. We are a platform that makes retail accessible to anyone in the world. We make it possible for brands to easily find and book short-term retail space to sell their idea anywhere and for space owners to fill their vacant spaces fast.
Our platform powers over 15,000 listings, which represent more than 35 million square feet of retail space. We offer greater access to spaces in leading retail cities around the world, including New York, Paris, London, Milan, Hong Kong, Amsterdam, Los Angeles and San Francisco. Since our launch in 2013, we have helped thousands of brands all over the world, including Google, Samsung, L’Oréal, Kodak, Nike, Happy Socks; open temporary retail stores.
Our team consists of 50+ passionate people based across 8 international offices.
The Storefront person is committed to disrupting the way retail is experienced. We are a positive and energetic group of people. We start early if we need to connect with our colleagues globally and leave late to hit deadlines. We volunteer for projects outside of our remit to ensure all team members hit targets and we continually strive to improve to ensure each week is better than the last. We are proud advocates of our brand and believe temporary stores and showrooms are the future of retail. Join us!
We are revolutionizing the commercial real estate industry and rebuilding the future of retail. Our small and high-performing engineering team is growing fast and we are looking for smart and driven engineers to join us. You will fit right in if you:
- love solving problems in the real world with data and code
- embrace the challenges of tackling hard problems
- eager to learn new technologies and business knowledge
- leave your ego at home
- enjoy working alongside other smart and driven people
You will be working in close collaboration with our engineering team in Paris and Maryland.
- Contribute to all aspects of engineering at Storefront. This includes writing code, writing test code, resolve production issues on a rotating basis and help the team improve on processes, code quality and product features.
- Be an active member of the engineering team. We value everyone’s opinions and voice. Speak up when you have ideas or concerns.
- Take a proactive approach to product engineering. Always leave the code in a better place when you work on it. Understand that the team collectively owns the code base.
- Be action-oriented. When you discover a bug or issue, fix it if you can; otherwise log the incident and discuss with the team for a solution.
- Be a self-starter and a team player. Know what your goals are for the day and the sprint, try to achieve them to the best of your abilities. Help fellow team members; we only succeed when the team succeeds.
- Maintain code integrity and organization
- Experience working with product and designers and converting designs to visual elements
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection
- Minimum 3 years of engineering experience with a frontend to backend ratio between 50-50 and 70-30
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate to expert experience with SQL databases. Demonstratable experience with database schema design
- Intermediate to expert experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with at least one of AngularJS/Backbone/React
- Deep understanding and hands on experience with CSS preprocessors such as LESS and SCSS.
- Knowledge of best practices on building applications using the MVC design pattern, both on the backend and the frontend
- Knowledge of best practices on building REST APIs
- Understand the importance of automated testing both on the backend and the frontend. Practice writing tests on every code commit
- Understanding of distributed systems and scaling a multi-tiered web application will be a plus
- Passionate about building the best online user experience
- Experience using git and github
- Experience with SCRUM agile development process is a plus
- Ability of and demonstrated track record of learning quickly and picking up new technologies/paradigm fast.
- Results oriented. Do not hesitate to put in extra efforts to complete tasks on time
- Take ownership of responsibilities, great team player, and always try to improve the codebase and product
- Work side-by-side with management team and get actively involved in the development of an internationally-backed venture company.
- Be part of a fast-growing and international startup that changes every single day.
- Work in a fun, collaborative, co-working environment in Soho at the brand new Cubico building.
- Complete insurance package (health, dental and vision).
- An insanely supportive, hardworking team, building something truly transformative.
- Salary competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please reach out, we'd love to share with you what we're doing and discuss the ways we can work together.