UI/UX Designer - NYC, US
Who We Are
Storefront is the world’s leading short-term retail marketplace. We are a platform that makes retail accessible to anyone in the world. We make it possible for brands to easily find and book short-term retail space to sell their idea anywhere and for space owners to fill their vacant spaces fast.
Our platform powers over 15,000 listings, which represent more than 35 million square feet of retail space. We offer greater access to spaces in leading retail cities around the world, including New York, Paris, London, Milan, Hong Kong, Amsterdam, Los Angeles and San Francisco. Since our launch in 2013, we have helped thousands of brands all over the world, including Google, Samsung, L’Oréal, Kodak, Nike, Happy Socks; open temporary retail stores.
Our team consists of 50+ passionate people based across 8 international offices.
The Storefront person is committed to disrupting the way retail is experienced. We are a positive and energetic group of people. We start early if we need to connect with our colleagues globally and leave late to hit deadlines. We volunteer for projects outside of our remit to ensure all team members hit targets and we continually strive to improve to ensure each week is better than the last. We are proud advocates of our brand and believe temporary stores and showrooms are the future of retail. Join us!
We are looking for a talented UI/UX Designer to make our product beautiful and incredibly functional. You should be obsessed with making a beautiful experience inside the product with a clean and easy design making intuitive and functional user flows. You should have a great understanding of technology, business goals, and user psychology.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define and implement solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Communicate ideas, scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs to all necessary stakeholders
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to colleagues and senior leadership.
- Identify design flaws and problems and create innovative solutions
- Speak directly with customers and partners and collect feedback to implement into the design
- Create and advance design frameworks that others can collaborate and proactively use site-wide
- 2+ years of UI/UX design experience. Marketplace business design experience a plus
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or other visual design and wireframing tools
- Passion for transforming an archaic world (Real Estate) into a beautiful digital design
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns
- Strong analytical and technical skills, with the ability to translate and communicate concepts and ideas into clear and well thought out designs and flows
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently
- Excited about working on a growing team, solving complex issues that are historically all offline
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Work side-by-side with management team and get actively involved in the development of an internationally-backed venture company.
- Be part of a fast-growing and international startup that changes every single day.
- Work in a fun, collaborative, co-working environment in Soho at the brand new Cubico building.
- Complete insurance package (health, dental and vision).
- An insanely supportive, hardworking team, building something truly transformative.
- Salary competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please reach out, we'd love to share with you what we're doing and discuss the ways we can work together.